[Novalug] Idea for Meeting Topic - Novell OpenSuse Build Service

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Tue Feb 17 13:18:48 EST 2009

How about they fix their own install problems first?

The Software Management past of YAST, the component that selects which
packages to install (Add/Remove Programs in RedHat, synaptic in Debian)
is TOTALLY UNUSABLE!

Yeah, it's Prettier, but Critical Functionality is Missing ad it's SLOW.

I used to zip around the versions from SuSE 6 up to 10, but 11 is Terrib;e.

If it's not Fun To Install and Maintain...

		It won't be Fun To Use.

I'm spending my efforts elsewhere.

JIM