[Novalug] I am being marked as spam.

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Mon Feb 16 10:56:30 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 09:24:04AM -0500, Paul Gupta wrote:
> Dear internetz,
>
> I am using a dreamhost account, and find that USERNAME@guptaxpn.com is being
> blocked by a number of spam filters, what would you suggest to remedy
> the situation. I'm only asking because I'm assuming that you are running
> your own servers, or are aware of such measures. I send a _very_ low volume of mails,
> and find that it is difficult to use my address with certain domains. Specifically pwcgov.org if that helps.

I've seldom (ever) seen a "name@domain" blocked by spam filters.
What I've seen is IP addresses are blocked.

Approaches include:

1) your return email probably shows which filter blocked you
   go to their website and investigate why and how to be removed
2) if it really is a name@domain block, use a different name
3) send your email via dreamhost's mail server
4) ???

jl
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jon@jgcomp.com