[Novalug] Wondering OT now was Re: Tuxflix?

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Tue Feb 10 14:13:54 EST 2009

Lots of good points and when it comes to privacy concerns, we can replace
vi/emacs gnome/kde, linux/windows, linux/*nix or any other 'religious'
topics.

Being the only 'original member' of LUGMAN (now NOVALUG), we have always
been a self-selecting organization. We have never kicked anyone out or asked
anyone to leave that I recall, from the list or a meeting. I have 'blown the
whistle' on the list and 1-3 times at the meetings when we have wondered off
topic.

We have asked presenters if they have any issues w/ being taped and to my
recollection, everyone has been ok with it.

We have NOT asked the attendees.

If we go online (torrent) there is no way to keep the videos from finding
their way into the wild.

PROPOSAL:
if we are going to share the videos
the person who digitizes them watches for faces of others
   mark the time of the video
   who the speaker is
   grab a screenshot if possible
we will contact the person or 'cut them' from the video if possible

<SNIP>

--
greg pryzby