[Novalug] Is Cox blocking bittorrent?

Maxwell Spangler maxpublic08@maxwellspangler.com
Tue Feb 3 15:12:42 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 12:50 -0500, Theodore Ruegsegger wrote:
> Maxwell wrote:
> > I think you Debian folks were 'raised' with some clever technology and
> > find it hard to understand why the rest of the world isn't using the
> > same since it makes so much sense to you.
>
> Ah yes, the familiar "you dirty elitist!" argument. Heard it before.

Debian users have definitely had some attitude in the past, but they've
also had some technology to back it up.  I wouldn't call them elitist,
I'd call them purist.

But my last message wasn't at all in any way meant to make fun or insult
anybody, just reconcile why things are done differently in one community
over another.  Different goals, different resources, that's all..

--
Maxwell Spangler
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA