[Novalug] [OT] Question for computer scientist

Seth Kress kresss@gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:30:37 EST 2009

I would say that bit shifts like Gregory suggest are most likely best for
your purposes.  IO is slow.  There are a lot of possible ways to improve
your code and help or hurt the compiler's ability to optimize the resulting
executable; however let us not forget the we are talking about using perl.
For better or worse i am assuming there is no compiler.

I would say that if this application is going to be doing large calculations
perl is probably not the right tool for this job(insert flame war here) I
would go with a compiled language.

S.