[Novalug] OT: About the book "In the beginn9ng was the Command Line"

Gopher gopher@3wa.org
Mon Dec 21 18:19:00 EST 2009

On 12/19/09 3:22 PM, John Franklin wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2009, at 2:10 PM, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>> Cryptonomicon and The Baroque Cycle are also quite good imho.
>
> Cryptonomicon is a great book, but I was disappointed with how the
> story didn't end, it just kinda stopped.

That would definitely be Stephenson.  Man creates wonderful fictional
worlds, but can't write an ending to save his life (and at last check,
still hasn't). You thought Crypto was bad, you should read Snow Crash;
talk about an abrupt ending.

Gopher.