[Novalug] Dual Monitor setup not working - No clue, what did I do?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Tue Dec 8 21:54:50 EST 2009

Hey Alan -- Buy a Mac or Windows!  I'm not forcing you to use Linux.

I'm just saying that I used Xinerama without issue in 1998 or 1999, cake to setup.
And since 2001 I have been using nVidia -- not just desktop, but notebook too!

All 100% Linux.  All nVidia setups 100% 3D/GLX accelerated across both screens.

----- Original Message ----
From: Alan Grimes <agrimes@speakeasy.net>
> I don't remotely see a problem with Linux versus any other OS when
> you're relying on the same, vendor object code -- in this case nVidia.
> But even nVidia aside, Xinerama has offered this for about a dozen
> years on Linux for multiple framebuffers.

I keep seeing xinerama in the configs for certain packages. I have no
idea how to enable it, whether it is enabled, whether it is supported,
why it doesn't enable itself, why there isn't a gui that lets me enable
it, or why I should waste any time enabling it when I could just buy a
mac, or install windows...