[Novalug] Dual Monitor setup not working - No clue, what did I do?

Alan Grimes agrimes@speakeasy.net
Tue Dec 8 19:53:51 EST 2009

> And here is where it gets weird. I dont have one desktop spanning two
> displays. I dont even have one desktop mirrored. What I have is two
> different desktops. I can move the mouse from one to the other as you'd
> expect, but I have two sets of upper and lower menu bars, I cannot drag
> from screen to screen, and what I launch in screen 0 stays there. Since
> Im trying to get firefox running in both displays, that causes an issue
> as I cant run firefox again in the second since it says "another process
> already running".  Amusingly, running xrandr shows only a single
> display. Which one it shows depends on which monitor you are running the
> xterm under. On one side it says "VGA-0" and the other shows "VGA-1".

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !   S U C K E R    ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

YOU HAVE BEEN SO AMAZINGLY CONNED!!! =PPP YOU ACTUALLy thought for A
MOMENT THAT LINUX WOULD ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING CONVENIENT??? NOT A CHANCE
IN HELL!!!

YOU ARE SUCH A PATHETIC PH00L!!!!

WAHT KIND OF SHIT DO YOU THINK i HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH FOR THE PAST SIX
FUCKING YEARS ON MY MAIN DESKTOP COMPUTQER?? HUH?? HUHH??? EXACTLY THAT
BEHAVIOR!!!

iF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO DRAG CRAP FROM ONE DISPLAY TO ANOTHER, **BUY A
FUCKING MAC!!* *!@*!@p .PEIKSBNEU;JT
+
 .,UKHTNSoebnstab TSKHAE UKO.P
UI
HTR/,.PK=/
OE_U 'HRL.UI H'UK
-
-UI
 EUARSINT IA

TOTALLY INSANE NOW.

TOTAL PSYCHOTIC BREAK.

i ACTUALLY TGHOUGHT THAT REPLACING MY OLD DUAL VIDEO CARD setup would
fix this issue... not a chance!!!!!!! Even though both monitors are
connected to the same card, you just can't do it.

(Actually, you need two perfectly identical monitors configured to
exactly identical settings, yes you can drag stuff from one to another,
but then I've seen both windows and MAC work with dissimilar monitors.
-- as if my desk is big enough for TWO 24" WFP monitors...)

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.