[Novalug] KMail

Alan Grimes agrimes@speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 7 11:26:42 EST 2009

Dan Arico wrote:
> Over the past couple of years, I've been having more and more problems with
> KMail slowing down and hogging resources. Specifically, when it's downloading
> mail, the CPU usage goes through the roof and the KMail GUI slows down to the
> point that it takes about fifteen seconds to echo a character when I type.
>
> I'm wondering if the problem is with spamassassin scanning the incoming mail.
> I'd like to try turning it off to see if there's a difference, but I can't
> find anywhere to do that. The wizard in the configuration only turns it on.
> Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Yeah, I see the same damn thing all the time in Seamonkey and a number
of other GTK apps...

I think this is a problem with one of the underlying libraries. (I
acknowledge that you are using a QT application).

Really, if you want your computer to operate at realtime speeds, use DOS
or even a carefully tuned Windows... Linux is crap and it's getting
worse with each update. =(

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.