[Novalug] KMail

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Mon Dec 7 11:01:01 EST 2009

Over the past couple of years, I've been having more and more problems with
KMail slowing down and hogging resources. Specifically, when it's downloading
mail, the CPU usage goes through the roof and the KMail GUI slows down to the
point that it takes about fifteen seconds to echo a character when I type.

I'm wondering if the problem is with spamassassin scanning the incoming mail.
I'd like to try turning it off to see if there's a difference, but I can't
find anywhere to do that. The wizard in the configuration only turns it on.
Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.