[Novalug] Off-topic: Open Office question

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Tue Dec 1 12:25:24 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 11:06:38AM -0500, Margret Treiber wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I switched my friend from MS Office to Open Office because she was having
> formatting issues.  It was working okay for a while, but now Open Office
> mysteriously loses all her picture and tables after she closes and opens the
> files.  When she saves the files, everything is fine, but the next day she
> opens it and all her formatting is gone.  Has anyone run into this before?
> Is she using the wrong tool for creating a document that is image heavy?
> Any help would be appreciated.  She finished writing her book, but has been
> wasting weeks trying to get the formatting fixed.

Is your friend continuing to use the MS Office format files (eg. *.doc),
or after initially bringing them into Open Office, using OO format files?
I would not expect those loses if she stuck to OO format.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jon@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing