[Novalug] Verizon DSL and Ubuntu with Westell modem (Myriam Abramson)

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Tue Aug 25 15:58:35 EDT 2009

Myriam,

I just took the output of the modem - an standard network connector -
and plugged it into a router and hooked another network cable from that
into my PC. Worked like a champ. In Ubuntu you might have to click on
the network icon on the upper right (on the "task" bar) and activate
eth0 to get the wired network recognized.

I never go directly from an always-on connection directly to a PC
(especially if it's running window$) to put that little layer of
protection between me and the outside world. An unprotected Windows PC
will likely be compromised before you and blink an eye!

Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
    Email: RogerB@bronord.com
    Web Site: www.bronord.com