[Novalug] tar question

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Sun Aug 23 00:35:44 EDT 2009

You are barking up the wrong tree.

[1] First off, Never Use Tape! Use Another Disk
[2] Second, right before the install process do the following in a shell

cd /target
mkdir .0
cd -

Now simply complete the new Install *without* formatting the target root
directory.

But...WHY is your /home on the same partition as a Root Partition anyway?

Go buy a USB external drive and use rsync for your backups!

JIM