[Novalug] Hospital CDs -- and ImageMagick??

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Thu Aug 13 14:04:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:

>>  	I downloaded that one and started following directions -- till I got
>>  as far as ./configure; there it choked, ending up with
>>
>>  checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and
>>  libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
>>  For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
>>  [root@Hbsk2 kradview-1.1.0]#
>>
>>  	What is this Qt? Seems like I was just telling somebody else I didn't
>>  know Qt from a spotted toad .... And what log do they mean?
>>

> According to the Ubuntu Synaptic Package manager:
>
> Qt is a cross-platform C++ application framework.  Qt's primary feature
> is its rich set of widgets that provide standard GUI functionality.
>
> Here is a wiki page about it
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(toolkit)
>
> and here is the web site
>
> http://qt.nokia.com/

 	I have since looked, and get :

[root@Hbsk2 ~]# yum install qt
 	[....]
Setting up Install Process
Package 1:qt-4.5.2-1.fc11.i586 already installed and latest
version
Nothing to do
[root@Hbsk2 ~]#

 	Which makes it seem very strange that Qt should be choked
on -- doesn't it??

--
Beartooth the Stubborn, Sclerotic Squirreler
Death is not evil. Suffering is evil.