[Novalug] Student Computer

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Mon Apr 20 09:16:39 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

> On Sunday 19 April 2009 11:56:34 pm Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
>> I must admit, I'm not sure what this paragraph says.  If I was
>> older than you,
>
> And of course, I used "If...was" instead of "if...were" in that
> sentence, so maybe they really aren't teaching us grammar
> nearly so well nowadays.

 	Back in the day, we learned grammar in Latin class. Since
you do know the difference, I suspect you've had Latin, too -- or
spent a *lot* of time among very highly educated people. I spare
you any discussion of stylistic levels, and simply congratulate
you.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeonly Codger Learning Linux
On the Internet, you can never tell who is a dog --