[Novalug] Upcoming Talks

Soren Harward stharward@gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 13:51:42 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Jason van Gumster
<jason@handturkeystudios.com> wrote:
> This raises a bit of an interesting question. What would everyone find
> most useful for me to talk about? My first inclination is to do a quick
> intro project... an effort to help flatten Blender's steep learning
> curve. However, since not everyone knows what Blender is or what it can
> do, perhaps it would be more beneficial to simply do a presentation
> that shows how awesome Blender is?

I gave a talk about Blender a couple years ago to another LUG.  I
started off with the Blender demo reel of other peoples' projects,
went though a small project, and then finished with a bigger project
I'd been working on for a while.

Walking through the small project went over really well.  I had done
the entire project ahead of time, and had saved "checkpoints" along
the way.  So I did a little modeling to show off primitives, curves,
surfaces, and deformations, and then skipped to where all the modeling
was done and I was ready to do the the texturing.  I textured one
object, then skipped to the lighting.  Etc.

--
Soren Harward