[Novalug] Student Computer

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:14:45 EDT 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 11:28:18 am Stephan Greene wrote:
> Another option for getting local support is for her to hook up with the
> on-campus Linux users.

What if she's too cool for those nerd? /me waits for someone to turn on
Revenge of the Nerds

> I'd be surprised if there isn't some kind of user
> group on campus.  I'd also be surprised if the OIT folks don't have people

At my school, what happened was they told us Linux users couldn't possibly get
on the wireless. I wrote up documentation and handed it to the IT dept.  They
took it and made 500 copies and put them on their counter so they can go "we
don't support Linux, but...if you read this, maybe it'll help.  If you have
trouble, don't ask us though. The girl who wrote it has her email address at
the bottom.  Ask her."

They did give me support once though ;) During the ResNet connection fair I
was having trouble with connecting and one went "oh...Linux...we don't--" and
was cut off by another kid going "Linux? Give it here!"

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo