[Novalug] Boston College Campus Police: "Using Prompt Commands " May Be a Sign of Criminal Activity

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Wed Apr 15 10:16:11 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 10:09:54 am Ed James wrote:
> I gotta wonder wot the "regular B.C. operating system" has that makes
> NOT using it suspicious...perhaps BC supplies an OS with built-in
> spyware on it?  Or at least they have ways of "monitoring" wotever
> standard OS they support.  I'd hope the lawyers look into this, if
> the school does indeed mandate and supply a special OS.  Granted,
> there may be much more to this case than what's been reported, but
> I'd really like to know what they find on the Ubuntu Linux CD.  What
> better place to hide stuff!!!
>
> Ed James

My son is a grad student there. They don't have any "regular" OS. They do say
that only Windoze and Mac are supported.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.