[Novalug] VI - rieties (was Re: vi question)

American Dave novalug@soupy.org
Tue Apr 14 14:41:33 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 01:18:39PM -0400, Matthew A. Thompson, Contractor, Code 6189 wrote:

> But, if you really want to see me look drunk using vim or other keyboard
> intensive tasks, watch me on one of those 1U rack/cluster consoles.  I
> just cannot get used to the weird arrangement of keys they use when they
> cram them all onto those.  Tiny Esc key, weird right Shift key...

Those rack consoles are an abomination.  However I'll disagree with Mackenzie earlier about the netbooks.  The EeePC 701's keys are too tiny, however the keyboards on many newer netbooks (including my Aspire) are almost full-size.  Screen's are still itty-bitty.

-A. Dave