[Novalug] VI - rieties (was Re: vi question)

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Tue Apr 14 10:24:56 EDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, William Sutton wrote:

> No smilie intended, nor was it intended to be mean.  It was
> intended as serious advice.  I'm not a touch typist, I _am_ a
> vim user and a programmer. I do fat-finger things sometimes.
> I also pay attention to what I'm writing (vim, pico, Word,
> notepad, what have you), and fix mistakes as I go. Sometimes I
> mess up a complex vim sequence.  In that case, I usually 'u'
> (undo) and go fix it.
>
> I also notice you didn't take to task the other gentleman who
> made similar suggestions.  Basically, even though my eyesight
> is about average, I don't consider myself particularly gifted.
> I *was* advocating what I do (pay attention to what I type) or
> would do if necessary (adjust screen resolution).

 	What offended me, and still does, is the unspoken
*assumption* I must be typing carelessly.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeonly Codger Learning Linux
On the Internet, you can never tell who is a dog --