[Novalug] ZZZZZ -- Yes, JRR, I understand

William Sutton william@trilug.org
Sat Apr 11 14:21:23 EDT 2009

Aside from the ages-old S/N ratio battle that continues to be fought in
every forum and email group where there are a set of self-appointed
moderators of the important</rant>, the point of a LUG-based email list is
to foster the use and knowledge of Linux among the subscriber.  That does
*NOT* necessarily translate to a list catering to "the most pressing issue
that faces American-born IT professionals today", the determination of
which, itself, is both subjective and (given the makeup of the DC metro
area, NoVA included), is highly parochial.

My suggestion, for what little it may be worth, is to ignore what you
don't like, and address what you find of interest.  If that means a
job-issues related list, then that may be the appropriate thing to do.

William Sutton