[Novalug] Saving an email with an error in the address

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Fri Apr 10 17:27:06 EDT 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

>>> Could you answer the "what mail client are you using" part?
>>> Most should have an "edit message" option...
>>
>>  	It sounds to me a lot like an error I sometimes make:
>> trying to modify a message without remembering first to get it
>> into forward mode, or reply mode.
>
> OK, who uses alpine?  The headers claim he's using alpine, so where are the
> text MTA gurus?

well i use alpine and pine which run from a terminal window not a GUI.

to resend a message that for example bounced and is in the list of
messages as a bounced message I would click on the message in the index
and do a R for reply or an F for forward. Alpine would ask me if I wanted
to include the message in the reply.

enter y for yes.

then when the message comes up use the cursor keys to go to the to
header and cntrl k to kill the current line in the to header. then
type in the correct address.

that should resend it to where you want it to go.

> --
> Mackenzie Morgan
> http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com
> apt-get moo

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com