[Novalug] [ncaug] Vast Chinese "Ghostnet" spying operation discovered

John B. Holmblad jholmblad@aol.com
Thu Apr 2 11:00:01 EDT 2009

All,

fyi. As a followup to my earlier message on this thread, Today's WAMU
Dianne Rehm segment has a good panel discussion on US Cybersecurity.
Here is the url to the www page for the radio show:

    http://wamu.org/programs/dr/09/04/02.php#24621

I assume that a podcast of it will become available. Interestingly the
question of migrating to IPV6 was not discussed/proposed as a mitigant
for the problems we all face today. It occurs to me that our US Gov
could give IPV6 a needed shot in the arm by requiring that SmartGrid
projects that receive US funding and which will in any depend upon
Internet based communications must utilize IPV6 and not IPV4. IPv6 is by
no means a panacea but it is a step in the right direction for national
cybersecurity.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold,   GCWN Gold,   GAWN,  GGSC-0100,   NSA-IAM,  NSA-IEM

Information security, telecommunications, and information technology
consulting

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad@aol.com