[Novalug] Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter

Mark Gatanas gatanas@verizon.net
Sun Sep 28 07:11:12 EDT 2008

Does anyone know if, out of the box, Ubuntu or other Linux flavors will
support this USB Wireless Network Adapter?

Here is what I plan to do:

PC #1 - Has Windows XP Home Edition on it and is connected to Verizon FIOS
with a D-Link Broadband (WIRED) router

Linksys Wireless G (Version 3000) router will be plugged into the D-Link
router to send out the FIOS signal to PC #2

PC #2 - Has Ubuntu Linux (8.02 I believe, though I can upgrade if needed) on
it and will only be used for audio streaming, games, email, etc.
            This PC will not be doing heavy duty streaming such as Netflix
or other video and bandwidth intensive things.

The 2 PCs will not be connected to each other in a network. They will be
separate, and for security reasons, PC #1 will be off when I am surfing on
PC #2. I have the Wake On capability disabled on PC #1 so no one can turn it
on while unattended.

Does this sound like a viable plan?

Thanks,

Mark