[Novalug] Run sudo command at resume

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Sat Sep 27 21:50:24 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 03:42:15PM -0400, D Rider wrote:
> Hi,
> Given a strange little deal with Ubuntu 8.04 on a Thinkpad where sound
> does not work after a resume from suspend/hibernation, I found a nifty
> little command to run that will restart sound capabilities:
>
>      sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart
>
>           (from "Burke" at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/198218)
>
> Is there a way to have the system run sudo commands such as this
> without the user having to enter the password?

I've not experimented with them, but there appear to be a set
of scripts that are executed by suspend/hibernate and upon
resume under /etc/acpi and/or /etc/apm.  Looks like some of
them are for other events.  Included are a bunch that of
scripts that appear to be specific to the thinkpad.

If they are actually executed during resume, you should be
able to add one for your specific purposes.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jon@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing