[Novalug] [Ma-linux] Kubuntu 8.04

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:02:41 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 16:12 -0400, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
> No, it's not. I tried Bit Torrent and it was Super Slow. Direct Download
> from a server beats the pants of it any day.

Not on Ubuntu release day.  The servers will be overwhelmed and
disappearing at random.  The torrent trackers will be spitting out at
300kbps or higher.  And by seeding, you help take some of the load off
the servers.  We push very heavily for torrent usage for Ubuntu releases
because we know the servers can't take it.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo