[Novalug] Wireless Solution

John B. Holmblad jholmblad@aol.com
Sat Sep 13 16:25:13 EDT 2008

Roger,

here are the url's to the www pages for an article and for a
presentation that describes a known ciphertext attack  on WEP keys that
is aided by an understanding of how the common network protocols,in this
case ARP:

http://www.airtightnetworks.com/home/resources/knowledge-center/caffe-latte.html

    http://www.airtightnetworks.com/fileadmin/ppt/Toorcon.ppt

What makes this attack different from others that have been reported in
the literature  is that it can be used even when a client 802.11 device
is turned on but NOT in the radio vicinity of any legitimate access
point. And like some other attacks, it is very fast (~6 minutes).

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold,   GCWN Gold,   GAWN,  GGSC-0100,   NSA-IAM,  NSA-IEM

Information security, telecommunications, and information technology
consulting

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad@aol.com