[Novalug] OT: Book on Biz Accounting

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Fri Sep 12 13:11:35 EDT 2008

Ken Kauffman wrote:
> <http://www.amazon.com/Accounting-Dummies-John-Tracy/dp/0764550144>Doing
> your own legal and accounting opens you up to a world of issues that
> you can not possibly see until it's too late.  The money you save up
> front can easily get disgustingly exponential down the road when you
> make an unforeseen mistake.

I agree. Id say find an account that you trust who will file taxes and
maybe check your books sorta thing, then use whatever program they use
just to make life easier :-)

The dummies books arent bad overall, I can't say for accounting.
Personally I used a textbook "Principles of Accounting", McGraw Hill, I
think,. but this was years ago. And I havent touched it since.

Nick