[Novalug] OpenMoko

John B. Holmblad jholmblad@aol.com
Thu Sep 11 12:44:59 EDT 2008

Robert,

well you can look at this as a "half full" kind of situation because now
you can take that phone apart to see what is inside.

Regarding handsets running Linux, I would be willing to bet that
whatever you buy today is going to be 10x better in a year.

If you cannot convince your mobile service provider to give you a
replacement (after all they lose minutes/$ if you are not using the
phone) handset then you might want to get a used one from ebay and wait
for Andriod based handsets to reach market and stabilize.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold,   GCWN Gold,   GAWN,  GGSC-0100,   NSA-IAM,  NSA-IEM

Information security, telecommunications, and information technology
consulting

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad@aol.com