[Novalug] OT: Disk cloning - new hard drive in workstation [IBM/Fujitsu]

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 11:11:50 EDT 2008

Actually, if you are cloning an XP partition, you might have better luck with XXCLONE:

http://www.xxclone.com/

Igor

----- Original Message ----
From: Nick Danger <nick@hackermonkey.com>
To: Novalug <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:45:35 AM
Subject: [Novalug] OT: Disk cloning - new hard drive in workstation [IBM/Fujitsu]

I'm have a little bit of slow brain this morning. Normally when I slap a
new HD in a workstation I use whatever utility it came with to do the
"new hard drive" transfer. Its served me well in the past with various
drives. Only now I was handed a "new" drive, opened box, so no CD. Its a
IBM/Fujitsu and I cannot find software on either web site to do the
cloning. Anyone know what to use to do this fast/easy?

For the record, this is a *cough*XP*cough* box for a family member.
Slowly getting her to OpenSource but starting with the apps, I'll work
on the OS part later. And no OS is good if the HD craps out!

Nick