[Novalug] Ubuntu 8.10 BETA

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:29:51 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 11:25 -0400, Joseph Brinkley wrote:
> Fan--------tastic !!!!
> Well i might install under text mode. right now only one of my
> 494324987 box's are running any form of Linux. When are they going to
> improve the screen zoom so us visually impaired PPL's can feel more at
> home ??
>
> i know Beryl does an so so job at doing it but i would like to see
> improvements.

Beryl?  Come back from 2006, Joe!  That project died in early 2007...or
at least was merged back into Compiz.  What's wrong with how Compiz
handles zoom?  It seems to do just fine at making things big.  And the
version in Intrepid has more color filters available that have something
to do with different types of colorblindness.  I'm not sure if they're
to help make things visible for those types of colorblindness or if
they're to simulate colorblindness for accessibility testing (not
kidding, that can be useful for example for designers).

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo