[Novalug] [Ma-linux] [FOSE] Starting the discussion

Andy Tornquist andyt@afua.net
Sun Oct 5 09:54:21 EDT 2008

I agree that we will only have a short window of time to talk to most
most people at F0SE.

Maybe we can come up with 5 alternative software packages that people
will be interested in?

Trixbox/Asterisks for telecommunications
Alfresco for people using share point
A package for educators

etc

We then contact each of these vendors for Swag, and demo systems

Most people will take the free swag and walk off but those that look
at the demo systems will be around longer for discussions on the
advantages of the different licenses models.

I think a banner that say"s Free Beer" will get a lot of foot traffic
and a great lead in to stories that explain the different licencing
models......

Maybe we can get the vendors to sponsor a presenter/ round table on
the advantages to the different licensing models.