[Novalug] [FOSE] Starting the discussion

Rich Goodwin rich.goodwin@cox.net
Sat Oct 4 13:18:40 EDT 2008

As I raised at today's NOVALUG meeting, I believe a discussion as to
what the message(s) should be at the FOSE booth would be beneficial
(assuming we get a booth again).

Some questions I heard bantered were (and this is not exhaustive by any
means):
 1.  Should this be a Linux or Open Source push? or both?  (OpenBSD
     participated in the past)
 2.  Should we present solutions? or tools?
         - Can/should commercial products be considered in our message?
         - Should we push the back-end or the desktop?
 3.  Who might be able to help?
         - someone offered possible help getting swag from vendors
           like Fedora, ISPs ....
         - what recognition can/should vendors get?

Please - fill in other questions/topics.

I would hope this leads to someone taking charge of the FOSE event and
volunteers forming to help organize and implement.  TO help, I cc'd a
number of other area LUGs to ensure participation is "open" to the
community.  Please ensure the Washington area Linux and Open Source
communities are able to engage in the discussion (others are more than
welcome - I'm thinking it'd be tough to support physically).

Rich

--

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

              They run Windows don't they!!