[Novalug] Broadband internet options outside of DSL/Cable modems...

rarob@comcast.net rarob@comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 10:52:58 EST 2008

Morning all,
  We're getting ready to move from PW County to Loudoun County in Virginia.  We've had
Comcast as our on-ramp to the internet for 8 years now, but neither Comcast or Verizon
claims to be able to provide wired internet to our soon-to-be new residence.  I thought
I remembered a thread in the past year or so about satellite internet options, and I did
find one on using a wireless phone/modem.  Any other suggestions?  I *think* we'd stay
under the Hughesnet FAP for most things at their lowest level, just have to remember to
schedule system updates and ISO downloads for the wee hours of the morning...
  I haven't yet done much in terms of on-line 'lower-latency-is-good' gameplay, so the
latency of the satellite option is not a killer (yet).
  Thoughts?  Thanks....

Rob