[Novalug] linux home monitoring solutions

Miles Oliver miles.d.oliver@gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:43:57 EST 2008

I asked these questions a while ago and I apologize for not keeping the
information and must ask again.  My wife was not interested in pursuing it
then but is now. I've lost all the responses sent to me before on this
topic.

I have an elderly family member living in my home that we will need to keep
an eye on during the day while we are at work.

A recent fall with broken bones (nose, hand) has now renewed the urgency for
me to get some home monitoring in place with several webcams, both wireless
and wired.

We have discussed this with him has agreed to be viewed during the day.

I need to be able to be able to have at least 4 cams for coverage and can do
this with 2 wired and 2 wireless and send the images to our home website as
our ISP.  I also want a linux solution.

*Im looking at *Logitech QuickCam Pro
9000<http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-960-000048-QuickCam-Pro-9000/dp/B000RZQZM0/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1227278303&sr=8-1>for
the wired solution.

I've been trying to read reviews but wanted some additional input from
others on their cameras and if they live up to the reviews.

--

doveryai, no proveryai