[Novalug] Wallpaper upside down

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Mon Nov 10 10:13:29 EST 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, Bud Roth wrote:

BR >I've got Ubuntu 8.10 Desktop running Gnome on an Intel 64 processor.
BR >
BR >When I select a picture uploaded from my iPhone to be my background, the
BR >thumbnail is upside up, but when Gnome puts up the picture as wallpaper,
BR >it is upside down.
BR >
BR >I flipped the picture using GIMP and saved it with 0% image quality
BR >loss.  This fixed the upside down problem, but despite the 100% same
BR >quality saving option, the quality was noticeably poorer.  I've googled
BR >this problem, but no fix.

How many pixels wide and high is the picture?

If you open it with Image VIewer - the default Ubuntu image display
application the pixel dimensions are displayed in the lower left side of
the applicaiton.

You cannot improve picture quality on a low resolution picture by
enlarging it to fill the screen. So if the pixel dimensions are less
that the size of your screen then the image will appear pixelated.

BR >
BR >Frankly, I'm stumped...Any ideas?
BR >
BR >Bud
BR >

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com