PS Re: [Novalug] pirut : am I missing something obvious?

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Wed May 21 13:16:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, I Beartooth wrote:
 	[...]
> 	How do I find out what it's waiting for? And get a look
> at that, to see if it's really doing anything?
>
> 	Till I do that, I can't even get a look -- to see if, for
> instance, I can wipe out all of "education" and "games" at one
> go ...

 	I have it running now. I had to refresh the application
lists, but now it shows me what I have and don't have in each
category. It also gives me lots of info about each entry --
though it keeps making me wait for it.

 	But I have a *very* clueless question. When I highlight
some one item, and click Install or Remove, what happens? Does it
do it right then? Or is it putting together a list somewhere, the
way pirut did, waiting for me to tell it Apply (in some way I
don't see)? Telling it to install the netspeed applet didn't make
the icon for that change. Maybe I have to keep refreshing the
list to see that??

--
Beartooth Gerontoflatulocrat,
Cantankerous Codger