[Novalug] OT: Speaker systems for home theater systems

Mark Lundquist mark@amberjack.net
Fri May 16 22:29:37 EDT 2008

I purchased a set of PSB Image T45 speakers, C60 center and a 6i
subwoofer.  They are superb and would highly recommend them to anyone
looking for good home theater and music speakers.  The sound
reproduction is accurate and not boomy like many home theater systems.
I wanted speakers that were good for movies and music, so these were
the best for the price.

http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/Image-Series/Image-T45-Tower
http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/Image-Series/Image-C60-Center
http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/Subwoofers/SubSeries-6i-Subwoofer

-Mark

On Fri, 16 May 2008 20:16:15 -0400
"Steven Fritsche" <s.r.fritsche@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm only sending this to the list because a few of you have recently
> purchased no home entertainment systems, and I wanted to ask about
> speakers without the inherent bias that a sales person would have.
>
> I'm looking at HDTV systems and realizing that whatever else I buy,
> the new speakers probably would be replacing a pair of decent
> bookshelf speakers attached to our stereo. I began to wonder: are
> speaker systems designed for home theaters a solid substitute for
> speakers designed specifically for playing music? Any thoughts you
> would care to share would be appreciated.
>
> Steve

  Mark Lundquist

  Upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
  --Alexander the Great