[Novalug] Sad day for OLCP.... =(

ethan@757.org ethan@757.org
Fri May 16 17:25:01 EDT 2008

> my candidate for a replacement:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-220-332
> the bonus on the above product is 20GB for the Linux version vs 12GB for the Software From Satan™ version...

Man, the EEE PC is so overpriced.... give me a nice used Thinkpad X31 from
freebay any day. I can swap the hard drive for a 4GB CF card if I really
wanted.

EEE PC would be cool if it was $200. But when it's $400+, it doesn't work
out in my mind.

The IBM Z50 workpad was pretty neat though. I'm thinking I had problems
getting serial port to work under NetBSD.

There is another thinkpad that is subnotebook, PII class... Csomething
IIRC.
C230?