[Novalug] Sad day for OLCP.... =(

Sarah Elkins sarah.elkins@gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:39:14 EDT 2008

> Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:56:49 -0400
> From: Shawn Wells <swells@redhat.com>
> Subject: [Novalug] Sad day for OLCP.... =(
> To: "Northern Virginia Linux User's Group" <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
>
> http://blog.laptopmag.com/as-promised-olpcs-xo-to-get-windows-xp
>
> For those of you that used the OLPC, what were your thoughts when it was linux based?

I actually like Sugar and the Journal.  Performance isn't spiffy, but
it's fine for most of my web, email and ebook uses (but then, I didn't
do vids/music on it).  A great travel laptop as far as I'm concerned.
I understand that for outside developers Sugar has been pretty
frustrating (undocumented APIs?).  Most of what I've written about
OLPC and the XO is at http://configures.sarahelkins.org/category/olpc/

Regards,

Sarah Elkins
p.s. for anyone wondering what became of my job hunt, I've just
started as a network engineer at TerpSys, on the WebApps team
supporting the National Cancer Institute... lots of Linux!