[Novalug] Emacs and vm

Don E. Groves, Jr. dgrovesjr@gmail.com
Thu May 8 16:51:47 EDT 2008

I figured that VM did really support IMAP.

I was just responding to James statement of:
  IIRC, VM works with Local Mailboxes. GMAIL is a Web Based Application

Implying that my question about "maxim SIZE" support and using the
beginning size of Gmail account where unrelated somehow.
 When in fact Gmail is just an "E-Mail Storage Sub System" with some
extended features.

Still my question of:

  What is the SIZE limit of accessing an account with VM before you
possible start running into problems?

Has gone unanswered.

In an earlier message it was reported that you said:
-> The only problem is when mailboxes grow large. I am not sure
-> ......

So I ask again:
  What do you mean by "grow large"?
  Or what is the SIZE limit of an E-Mail Storage you are planning to
access by VM?

--
 DonJr

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Alvin Smith <mezzenger@gmail.com> wrote:
> The documentation says that vm DOES support IMAP accounts.  There are
> instructions for setting up a Gmail account on vm.
>
> On 5/8/08, Don E. Groves, Jr. <dgrovesjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With IMAP enabled you can access a Gmail account from any
>> imap-supporting mail client.
>>
>> So I guess you are saying that VM does NOT support IMAP and it
>> therefore restricted to available LOCAL Storage as it's possible
>> maxim.
>>
>> HUM I have a 500 GB usbdisk here.
>>  I wonder how close it could come to filling it up, before running
>> into problems?
>>
>> --
>>  DonJr.
>>
>> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:03 PM, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd
>> <JECottrell3@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> IIRC, VM works with Local Mailboxes. GMAIL is a Web Based Application.
>>>
>>> JIM

>> <SNIP>
>> --
>> --