[Novalug] USB rtl8187 wifi kernel support

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Sun May 4 17:03:26 EDT 2008

All,

I got the 2.6.23 kernel compiled/installed and it operates the RTL8187
USB wifi stick okay.  However, it appears that it supports WEP, and not
WPA.  I'm using WPA.  Research indicates that I need wpa_supplicant.
Is this true, or has anyone here used an RTL8187 driver that supports
WPA "natively"?  I'd just set my router to WEP, but she-who-bakes-me-
cookies-and-stuff insists on WPA.

Ed James