[Novalug] Clearly opaque emacs configuration

Alvin Smith mezzenger@gmail.com
Fri May 2 21:23:35 EDT 2008

VM (View Mail) is an Emacs subsystem that allows UNIX mail to be read
and disposed of within Emacs. Commands exist to do the normal things
expected of a mail user agent, such as generating replies, saving
messages to folders, deleting messages and so on. There are other more
advanced commands that do tasks like bursting and creating digests,
message forwarding, and organizing message presentation according to
various criteria. With smtpmail in modern emacsen, you do not need an
MTA locally in order to use VM.