[Novalug] OT: Home TV Solutions

Maxwell Spangler maxpublic08@maxwellspangler.com
Mon Mar 31 14:43:44 EDT 2008

> Over the weekend, we bit the bullet and now own a gorgeous 50" 720p
> Pannasonic Plasma. (We spend hours looking at the LCD, 720, 1080 and

> PS3 (60gb only!) for BluRay (450-550$)
>   or
> HDMI scaling DVD player (< 80$ w/ HDMI cable)

The PS3 will play video games, play DVDs, play Blue Ray DVDs and also access
servers on your network to run some really snazzy picture slideshows, play
music and videos.

To me, you're on the right track for the single, grand unified home a/v
experience.  A nice big display with a good sound system and then as few
devices as possible to let you do the most.  A single PS3 that can do so much
in one box with one remote is a really compelling feature for me.
  --
Maxwell Spangler