[Novalug] OT? : laptop case?

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Sat Mar 29 17:35:54 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 01:16:08PM -0400, Dave Aronson wrote:
> Daniel Copeland wrote:
>
> >http://pelican.com/
> >
> >They make all kinds of cases, like the ones with foam inside with sections
>
> Yup.  Great stuff, but a bit pricey.  If it's going to be protected by a
> car trunk in the first place, I don't think he'll need all that.
>
> Come to think of it, on the other extreme: old briefcase for a few bucks
> from Goodwill, plus some slabs of foam (probably available for free with
> some scrounging, but even if bought, should be cheap), equals big padded
> case.

As a temporary, free solution, I have the shipping box Dell used to
return my laptop from warranty repair.  It is the shape of a briefcase
though larger and includes adjustable, hard foam inserts.

I'm just about to throw it out, but let me know if you want it.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jon@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing