[Novalug] OT: My iMac is vulnerable to my microwave

Anthony Soucek monkeywrenchit@gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 06:32:18 EDT 2008

Testing a microwave for leakage shouldn't be difficult. go to the
cheapo store and get a $5 tape walkman, and play a cassette over
headphones while heating up your coffee.  You'll hear all kinds of RF,
but I cant guarantee the frequency.  One of my friends said if you
hold a christmas light string bulb next to it, it'll light up if its
leaking.  I haven't tested that theory.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Maxwell Spangler
<maxpublic08@maxwellspangler.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, b b wrote:
>

> > - has anyone noticed this? my iMac's WiFi dies
>  > whenever I run my microwave in my kitchen! it is
>  > reproducable, noticeable, and definitely annoying!
>
>  I have this problem with my HP laptop as well, so along with the technical
>  information other posters provided about 2.4 "jigahertz" as some of my
>  employees like to refer to it, it's not just your iMac.
>
>  I suggest encasing your microwave in a small, portable (<40 lbs) lead cube to
>  stop the problems.
>
>  --
>  Maxwell Spangler
>  Research Triangle Park, North Carolina