[Novalug] Security Mindset

John B. Holmblad jholmblad@aol.com
Fri Mar 21 13:40:23 EDT 2008

Greg,

thanks for sharing that piece by Bruce Schneier.  I didn't know that he
was a political commentator as well as a security researcher and
commentator.

The metaphor of "Lot's Wife" comes to mind in the context of those
engineers who, as the article suggests, do learn how to think like an
attacker in order to do a better job of building systems that are secure
by design.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold,   GCWN Gold,   GAWN,  GGSC-0100,   NSA-IAM,  NSA-IEM

Information security, telecommunications, and information technology
consulting

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad@aol.com