[Novalug] Tech Session this month

doug doug@kaboobie.homelinux.net
Tue Mar 18 21:46:34 EDT 2008

I'd _love_ to see a presentation on FreeIPA.

As far as I'm concerned an "AD-type" identity management solution has
long been a gaping hole in the viability for Linux ... especially in
smaller companies.  A larger company might be able to justify putting
the effort into implementing Kerberos/LDAP, etc. on their own, but for a
smaller co. with little or no IS Dept. staff there's no Linux
alternative to the relative simplicity of setting up MS AD.

I think there's a huge amount of small business opportunity the larger
Linux distros are giving up by not having an easy network identity
management solution.