[Novalug] Timeout "feature" of the Linksys WRT54G

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Sun Mar 16 06:41:49 EDT 2008

Max,

    As I said in the original post, I'm not quite ready to do the
dd-wrt thing.  I'm aware of it. However, I used to earn part of
my living doing software testing.  I was good at it.  The reason
for this was that I have a knack of being able to break other
people's code, without really trying.  Hence, I'm likely to end
up bricking the WRT and I don't have a spare yet. :P

I did look into dd-wrt when I first heard of it, but by then,
linksys had cut the amount of RAM in the wrt in half, so my
version prolly isn't a nice as yours.  Eventually, I'll find an
older model with the full amount of ram and have a new toy to
play with.  At that point, knowing my luck, I expect that I'll
be bugging you for info on getting the darn thing back working
again.  This is the kind of project that really intrigues me,
btw.  I'm always glad to see this list had other people on it
who have already done stuff like this successfully.

Ed James

Quoting maxpublic08@maxwellspangler.com: