[Novalug] Laptops

maxpublic08@maxwellspangler.com maxpublic08@maxwellspangler.com
Sun Mar 16 00:13:24 EDT 2008

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Dan Arico wrote:

> One is a Dell Latitude with a PIII in it so I don't expect much trouble there.
> The other is a Fujitsu Lifebook. That one is missing a power supply. Does
> anyone know where I might be able to scrounge up one for it?

Ebay is a great source for spare parts.  So far I've replaced the cdrom drive
once and the power supply twice for my 4 year old HP ZT3000 laptop.

The key is to find out the part # that you need to replace.  If you've got the
old part, then it should list it on the label on the bottom.  If you don't
have it, then try to research the laptop and find it through support pages,
manuals, emails to other owners, etc.

As computers die, they free up the parts for re-use and ebay is a great
opportunity for this.  Most people get used to going to the original OEM or
some online store, but if you can weed out the suspicious sellers on Ebay,
it's good parts, for little money.  My recent AC adapters cost $15-30 as
opposed to $60+ from HP.

Good luck,

--
Maxwell Spangler